funny login anomaly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funny login anomaly

At work, I wanted to show one of my co-workers something on my forum. He is also a member of the forum. When he clicked his link and the forum came up, it said "Welcome Padmaster".......that's me I have never logged in from his computer.

Even though it said "welcome padmaster", it displayed his name when he viewed a forum and when he posted, but he didn't appear in the active members list. He deleted his link in favorites and it appeared to be fixed for now.

Is this some strange anomaly cause we are on the same network and have the same IP address?

While we are on this subject, I have some members who work together and will be logged in from their work at the same time with the same IP address. If I had to ban a member, would it ban other members who work at the same place?

He could also see the private forums, but couldn't access them.

Comment

Have them use cookies to browse your forums.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        Have them use cookies to browse your forums.
        this does not always work - I have the same issue on my site, as my other admin is on the same network as me

Comment

I checked his options and he is using cookies

Comment

You can have them try changing their user setting for:

- Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)
            - Browse the board with cookies

...to see if they find a combination that works for them.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Both of those options are checked 'yes'.

Comment

And....
                Originally posted by Steve Machol
                ...to see if they find a combination that works for them.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X