Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems after domain change!

Hey all,

I installed VBB on a diffrent domain then I wanted to use, I thought that all I would have to do to use VBB with the other domain is to change the BB URL which I did! Everything worked on the other domain but now since I changed it I can't stay logged in anymore! Maybe it's not because I changed the domain, I don't really know.

Maybe this has already been answered somewhere on this forum but I didn't really feel like searching thru the "1 million" threads on this forum so it would be wohoooo cool if somebody could give me a hint on this, tnx for understanding!

http://www.forumX.org

You might have to change the cookie. I really am not sure though.

Comment

Remove all cookies on your system. If that doesn't help, turn off cookie browsing or visa versa:

Browse board with cookies?
      Clicking yes will use cookies to keep your id for this session. Clicking no will send it through the links. (Selecting no may cause problems when sharing links with people behind the same proxy as you)

Comment

I already tried to remove all cookies but that isn't it! It doesn't work for anybody else anymore either, also it shows me online but I'm not even logged in ...

Comment

You probably have the Cookie Domain set to the old domain. It's best to just keep this setting blank.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No it is blank, I also tried to set it to the domain it is on now but nothing

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X