User Posts Randomly being Deleted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Posts Randomly being Deleted

Hello All, I come to you today with another seemingly serious problem.
    Members are coming to me on a weekly basis with reports of their Post being deleted.
    what can i do about this?? is this a problem with my vBulliten v2.3.0?

Are maybe some of your other moderators deleting the posts? Also, are the whole threads gone, or just the posts?

Comment

I'm not going to say that’s impossible but these are large popular posts getting deleted... sometimes members come to me asking why 100 or more of their posts have been deleted. They aren’t saying that 100 posts from a forum are deleted... 100 of their personal posts are deleted.

Sometimes threads that have 1000+ posts are deleted... I'm thinking the software is pruning it self or something.

sometimes threads that have 1000+ posts are deleted.. I'm thinking the software is pruning it self or somthing.

Comment

there are several possibilities, one is that thread owner deleted the first post which deletes the thread and the other is that a member of staff is removing them
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

One thing is for certain - there in nothing in vB that would auto-prune posts like this.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm having this same problem, random posts are being deleted...this is on a forum where there is only one administrator (me). The most recent post to inexplicably vanish was a "sticky" (not sure if that will shed any light on this issue).

Any theories as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

No ideas. All I know is that an unhacked vB would not automatically prune threads like this.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X