Installing vB and making it go "live"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABLady
    It might be easier if you just simply "Re-named" your directory from the old forum:

/forum/

to

/old_forum/

and then renaming your vB forum from whatever it is when you installed it to:

/forum/

...........hope you see what I mean!

This way if something goes wrong, you'll still be able to re-name your old forum back to it's original so you can fix the new one and etc.
    That's exactly what I did, and it worked very well. You can keep both boards running while you make sure everything is working and only have a few seconds of downtime during the switch.
    MODern ENGINEuity
    Modular Powered Community

Automotive Books, Movies, Games and More!

Comment

Back up your database with invision before you make the switch. I had a problem converting phpbb to invision a while back and the entire users table didnt get transfered. I had around 13,000 posts all registered under guest. And I made the mistake of rushing through things and didnt make a backup of phpbb schema with info.
      Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
        Back up your database with invision before you make the switch. I had a problem converting phpbb to invision a while back and the entire users table didnt get transfered. I had around 13,000 posts all registered under guest. And I made the mistake of rushing through things and didnt make a backup of phpbb schema with info.
        Thanks, I'll be sure to do a backup...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X