Blinking lightbulbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinking lightbulbs

This might be a bad question but how do I add them? I saw on vbulletin.org that someone said that it was a template modification and not a hack.

Thanks,

jclay

'Blinking lightbulbs' for what?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm sorry, I wasn't clear.

For new posts, pm's, etc...

Comment

If you are talking about replacing the ON.GIF, then simply do this with a 'blinking lightbulb' gif.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What I'm looking for is to replace the vB logo for new posts with a lightbulb that flashes when there are new posts.

Would I have to DL the lightbulb image or is it already included?

Where would I implement these changes?

(Yes, I really am that clueless)

Comment

There is no lightbulb image included with vB. Ypu'll need to find one. When you find this image just rename it on.gif and upload it over the existing file in the images directory.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              There is no lightbulb image included with vB. Ypu'll need to find one. When you find this image just rename it on.gif and upload it over the existing file in the images directory.
              If I wanted to replace all the vBulletin indicators (whether it's a new message or old message) how would I do that.

I replaced the on.gif and when there's a new message it flashes, but I want to replace all the icons with lightbulbs.

In other words I want lightbulb indicators on every forum and for them to flash when there's a new forum.

Comment

You'll need to look at the names of each of the icons you want to replace. Just right-click on the picture and choose 'Save as' to see the name.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X