Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error importing dump.sql

Hi,

I've been doing backup and restoring many times so I know pretty much how to backup and restore to new server. However, now I am having problem.

I have moved dump.sql file to new server and installed vBulletin 2.3 with new mysql db. Then I created yet another database "test" in mysql and tried to restore dump.sql on it. But everytime I tried I get this error:

ERROR 1044 at line 23: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'test'

I didn't have any problem installing vB with username I am using, also I checked password numerous times.

Any ideas?

This error means one or more of the following is wrong:

dbusername
    dbpassword
    dbname

...or that the dbuser does not have permission to access that database.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by kratai
      Hi,

I've been doing backup and restoring many times so I know pretty much how to backup and restore to new server. However, now I am having problem.

I have moved dump.sql file to new server and installed vBulletin 2.3 with new mysql db. Then I created yet another database "test" in mysql and tried to restore dump.sql on it. But everytime I tried I get this error:

ERROR 1044 at line 23: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' to database 'test'

I didn't have any problem installing vB with username I am using, also I checked password numerous times.

Any ideas?
      Have you actually assigned the username to the database called "test"?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X