Setting a forum id

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting a forum id

Okay, I have the recycle bin hack... and i recycled all the threads from a forum, then deleted the forum. That user restored his thread, and lost it since that ID not valid.

Anyway, how do I reassign a forum id to a forum to regain that thread? I've updated all counters, rebuilt the search index.. and it's nowhere to be found.

You would need to manually change this in the database with phpMyAdmin.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      You would need to manually change this in the database with phpMyAdmin.
      How would I go about doing that?

Comment

If you're not familiar with phpMyAdmin than I suggest you not try this. You could mess up your database.

First make a backup of your database. Then access the db with phpMyAdmin. Choose the 'forum' table, click on 'Browse, find the forum you want to change, click on 'edit', then make the change to forumid.

Make absolutely sure there is no other forum with that forumid.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

If you're not familiar with phpMyAdmin than I suggest you not try this. You could mess up your database.

First make a backup of your database. Then access the db with phpMyAdmin. Choose the 'forum' table, click on 'Browse, find the forum you want to change, click on 'edit', then make the change to forumid.

Make absolutely sure there is no other forum with that forumid.
          Allright, I tried to do this via threadid.... and that thread is missing. Wouldn't restoring it leave it in the database, or what?

Comment

I'm not sure what you did to threadid or why. I thought you wanted to change the id number of a forum.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm not sure what you did to threadid or why. I thought you wanted to change the id number of a forum.
              My brilliant member did not remember his journal forum id, only remembers the thread id.

So I went into phpmyadmin, and made all the thread ids be listed by id #.

I saw 322, then it skipped to 320, no 321. It seems it's nowhere to be found, though it was not deleted, simply restored to a non-existing forum.

Comment

Sorry but I'm totally confused about what you are doing.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Sorry but I'm totally confused about what you are doing.
                  Okay, this has to DO with a hack, but it can be fixed I believe via phpmyadmin. A thread was recycled to the recycle bin, and that forum deleted. The user restored the thread when the forum was re-created (a different forum id though)

I do not know that forum's original id, but I know the thread id. The thread is gone. Not searchable. In phpmyadmin, I had all the thread id's displayed in increasing order (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.) and the thread id is 321. I see a 322, then it goes to 320. I could edit that thread IF I could find it, and reset it's forum id, but it seems the thread has disappeared. I need to find it, but I am having issues.

WHERE CAN I FIND THIS THREAD?

Comment

If it still exists, this query will find it:

SELECT * FROM `thread` WHERE threadid='321';

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Database tac_vb - Table thread running on localhost

Your SQL-query has been executed successfully
                      SQL-query*:*[Edit]*[Explain SQL]*[Create PHP Code]
                      SELECT *
                      FROM `thread`
                      WHERE threadid = '321'*LIMIT 0 , 30

Umm, that's the message I get?

Comment

Then it looks like that thread no longer exists.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Then it looks like that thread no longer exists.
                          Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X