new install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new install

Hello. I am installing vbulletin on an 2k server running IIS. I am ok on the server platforms, but databases and web programming are not my strong points.

currently i have php installed along with mysql, both at thier 'basic' levels. i have configured the following files correctly, i do believe:

php.ini (php specific)
    my.ini (mysql specific)
    config.php

i get this error when i attempt to run the install.php file:

Attempting to attach to database...

The database has failed to connect because you do not have permission to connect to the server. Please go back to the last step and ensure that you have entered all your login details correctly.

Click to go to the vBulletin website

PHP Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: Permission denied in E:\CCTI_WEB\forums\admin\install.php on line 305 PHP Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user: '[email protected]' (Using password: YES) in E:\CCTI_WEB\forums\admin\db_mysql.php on line 38 PHP Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in E:\CCTI_WEB\forums\admin\db_mysql.php on line 47

i am quite positive my vars are correct. do i need to hard set db_mysql.php?

Ryan

You need to make sure the dbuser password are correct, and make sure that user has permission to access the databse.
    Webmaster / Administrator
    www.MegaGames.com
    www.MGForums.com

Comment

Also change $servername back to 'localhost' in config.php.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

it was my stupid mistake. thanks for the replies...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X