Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That's because your database is now too large to be backed up via a script such as the Admin CP. It is timing out.

Leave a comment:

• Tazping2000
    replied
    Thanks Jakeman. Just strange it's always worked 100% on every other version including the earlier 2.3.0. I can't do Telnet with my host, it's not allowed.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    A telnet / SSH mysqldump is the only reliable backup method. See step one here - http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/movingservers.html

PHP scripts like the backup feature in the Admin CP are subject to PHP's max execution time, so the script can time out before the backup is done.

Leave a comment:

• Tazping2000
    started a topic Backup Problem

Backup Problem

I've just upgraded from 2.3.0 to the latest fix (R3), and although everything works fine on the board, now when I try to backup it gets to a single digit MB and just stops, and I know the backup should be 20MB+

I've tried constantly over the last few days but it just stops at different times. IE, 1MB, 3MB,7MB,etc....

Is it possible to reinstall 2.30 (R1) without any problem, or is their a simple answer as I'm worried without any backup.

Thanks in advance
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X