upgraded to 2.3.0, custom replacements stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgraded to 2.3.0, custom replacements stopped working

When I was running 2.2.9, I had created new images for online/offline status as well as new/not new forum checkmarks. To get them to work, I created two custom replacements:
    Code:
    {imagesfolder}/off.gif is replaced by {imagesfolder}/newoff.gif
    {imagesfolder}/on.gif is replaced by {imagesfolder}/newon.gif
    Since I upgraded, these custom replacements don't work. I even removed them and re-created them to no avail. Can somebody help me?

Why not just delete off.gif and on.gif then rename:
    newoff.gif
    to
    off.gif
    and
    newon.gif
    to
    on.gif

Comment

For that matter, why not eliminate custom replacements altogether, and just overwrite everything I want to change??

I'd prefer to keep the original images as is, in case I decide to go back later. I understand your suggestion is a workaround, but that doesn't solve the problem of the custom replacement not working. Do you have a suggestion for that, or would you rather simply state the obvious and assume I didn't think of that already?

Comment

it was changed to stop greedy replacements.

you'll need to change it to replace on.gif to newon.gif and off.gif to newoff.gif

as it wont replace {imagesfolder}
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

okay, that'll lead me to my next question: Seems I tried that before in 2.2.9, but there were other images that ended in on.gif, so it gave me a red X in place of whatever image that was. Is it more intuitive now, so if the image is "whateveron.gif" and I replaced on.gif with newon.gif, the image wouldn't be renamed "whatevernewon.gif"?

Hope I explained that clearly.
          phenom
          Last edited by phenom; Mon 19 May '03, 4:45am.

Comment

ok try /on.gif with /newon.gif
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

that seems to have worked. Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X