How do I allow moderators to view private forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I allow moderators to view private forum

As the topic says I want the moderators to see a private forum, how do I set that up?

-Jon

They already should be able to by default.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      They already should be able to by default.
      That's what I thought but I asked someone who is a mod and she said she couldn't see it. Would the moderators have to be assigned before I created the private forum? I wouldn't think it matters...

-Jon

Comment

IIRC they do need to be Mods first when you create the forum. You can use access masks to give this one access to that forums.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

IIRC they do need to be Mods first when you create the forum. You can use access masks to give this one access to that forums.
          Can you explain the access masks to me?

-Jon

Comment

Pull up a person's profile in the Admin CP and click on the 'Edit forum access' link at the tiop. You can then set the permissions accordingly.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yeah I did that and it said the moderators could see the forum by default, and even when I checked yes for one person instead she still couldn't see it....I'm just going to wait till the rest of my moderators register then create it and see if it'll work then.

-Jon

Comment

I would suggest getting that Mod's password and logging in as her to check this out for yourself.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I would suggest getting that Mod's password and logging in as her to check this out for yourself.
                  I figured it out actually, there's the option to turn on the access masking and it was turned off...but there is still the link to access masking users, but it won't work if the button is turned off. I haven't tried it again yet, but I'm assuming that was the problem although I think moderators should automatically have that kinda access without having to set it up.

-Jon

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X