uaername/ Password problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uaername/ Password problem

i've recently had to move to a new server, & ever since i shifted servers some members on my forums haven't been able to log in using their uaername and password. I've noticed that those who had their uaername/pass stored on their machines (cookies) could login fine, but those who had to re-entr their logins couldn't get in.

they've also tried using the "forgot password" feature, but the link directs them to the same "enter your email address" page in a never ending circle.

another problem that i have encountered as well is missing page #s, when a thread extends into more than one page, usually the page numbers show right next to the thread subject on the forum, but on mine it doesn't

n e clue what's going on?

It sounds like a bad database transfer. How did you transfer the db?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i did it using the usual telnet commands

Comment

And those commands were?

As I said this sounds like a bad backup and restore. Can you do this again?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

the command i used was:
          mysql -uusername -ppassword dbname < filename

if it's a bad backup i guess there'll be nothing i could do about it, unless there was a way to fix this problem in phpMyadmin, is there?

Comment

That's the restore command but I still don't know what the backup command was. As far as I can tell this is a bad backup and restore. Did you try running repair.php? It wouldn't hurt to try.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

where do i find that file?
              i couldn't find it in any of my directories

Comment

Upload repair.php (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) to your admin directory. Close your forums, then run it from your browser with this syntax:

http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/admin/repair.php?html=1&check=1

[Of course change the exact URL as appropriate for your forums.]

If everything reports 'Ok' then reopen your forums. If not, then run it again. The second time everything should report Ok (except the session table which you can ignore.) See if this fixes the problem.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X