Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Specify adcode (BURST!) for certain forums only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specify adcode (BURST!) for certain forums only?

Hi All,

After searching and searching, I've found a few possibly helpful posts, but couldn't nail it down.

I have approved adcode to posts in my discussion forums. The problem is they don't want it displayed in ALL the forums, only the ones with content related to certain interests. In particular, they don't want it displayed in "Off Topic."

Does anyone have experience using Burst Adcode (or any adcodes or scripts) in certain forums? I guess all it needs would be a JS to somehow look at the forum ID, and if it's not forum id 12345 then go ahead and run the ad script.

I can cut and paste OK, but don't know how to make the JS code "read" the forum ID and then display or not display the ad.

Alternately, a short PHP thing in the header section should do the trick also.

This requires hacking. You should ask over at vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well you can specify different templates and such, so just make a new template for that forum (can be exactly the same, just different name) and edit the required template.

I'm no expert but you should be able to do something along the lines of this.

Comment

Actually it can be done with some fuzzy matching of the window.location via javascript in templates .

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          This requires hacking. You should ask over at vbulletin.org.
          Is hacking when you add a bit of code to selectively show a jpg or not, based on the forum? Seems like a template or header modification. I thought "hacking" required changing the PHP files.
          Last edited by Trommsdorff; Mon 19 May '03, 8:25pm.

Comment

AFAIK this invloves changing the PHP code. I could be wrong.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

'Hacking' of vBulletin means that you modify the original source code to get a different result as required, instead of as alternative for the default.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X