vb's on new server using old server's SMTP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb's on new server using old server's SMTP

i just recently moved a site using vbulletin to a new server and it seems to still be using the old server for email . . (sending mail great. . just using the wrong machine to do it) . . .

i looked in the php.ini because i am aware that vb uses php's mail() function . . but the "sendmail_path =" was commented out. . on both machines. . . apparently this isnt being used in this installation of php . . .

so my question is. . .

if the default SMTP server is not specified in php.ini . . then how does vbulletin know where to send mail? especially when its using another server for this . . . .

versions:
    • vbulletin: 2.29
    • php: 4.3.0

vBulletin doesn't know where to send email, PHP does.

Please upload a PHP file with this code in it and post the link:

<?php

phpinfo();

?>

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
      vBulletin doesn't know where to send email, PHP does.

Please upload a PHP file with this code in it and post the link:

<?php

phpinfo();

?>
      i have such a page here >>> http://202.157.184.182

and. . well. . hmmm. . it says that it is using localhost . .

and that dont lie. . i will suss it out . . gotta be OE then lol

i have another question. . . people are getting the repy notifications but not the registration email confirmations. . .

have you ever heard of that?

Comment

I just see a white page at that link.

Originally posted by reb1rth
        i have another question. . . people are getting the repy notifications but not the registration email confirmations. . .

have you ever heard of that?
        I haven't heard of that specific problem. Is this happening for all users? Any one user will only receive reply notifications? Have you tried confirming this problem with your email address?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X