Making a fresh forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a fresh forum

But I would like to keep my members, posts all of that...without uploading the hacks that I've done. I want a fresh install with just the preferences and posts and such.

I made a dev site to test this out, however...

When I go to change a user say from Registered to Admin, I get this error:

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: UPDATE userfield SET userid=37,field1='',field2='',field3='',field4='' WHERE userid=37
    mysql error: Unknown column 'field1' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Sunday 11th of May 2003 12:01:28 AM
    Script: http://dev.XXXXX.com/forums/forums/admin/user.php
    Referer: http://dev.XXXXX.com/forums/admin/us...edit&userid=37

The database is large, and consequently had to be uploaded in pieces...is that the trouble? And how do I just get the important data uploaded without all the structure changes I've made?

You are missing the default fields in the userfield template. It looks like you did not restore this table completely.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Database error in vBulletin Control Panel 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: UPDATE userfield SET userid=78,field1='',field2='San Diego CA',field3='',field4='' WHERE userid=78
      mysql error: Unknown column 'field1' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

Date: Sunday 11th of May 2003 05:13:46 AM
      Script: http://www.xxxxx.com/forums/forums/admin/user.php
      Referer: http://www.xxxxx.com/forums/admin/us...edit&userid=78

I downloaded structure and data

saved it, dropped the table uploaded sucessfully...

Still getting this error.

Comment

It's telling you there is no field1 in your userfield table. You still haven't completely restored this table.

Perhaps you can explain exactly how you are backing up and restoring the db.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          It's telling you there is no field1 in your userfield table. You still haven't completely restored this table.

Perhaps you can explain exactly how you are backing up and restoring the db.
          The database is so big I have to break it up in pieces so...I have uploaded the data and structure for...
          adminutil, attachment, avatar, customavatar, poll, pollvote,post privatemessages, smilie, thread, threadrate, user, useractivation, userfield, usergroup, usertitle, word, forum, forumpermission

And the others

access, adminlog, announcement, bbcode, calendar_events, icons, moderator , replacement, replacementset, search, search index, session, setting, setting group, style, subscribeforum,subscribe thread, template, templateset

I left off.

Comment

For whatever reason you are not importing the complete userfield template. I would backup this table and try again.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X