Disabling Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling Poll

Hi I'm new to all this and I've searched but couldn't find out how I can disable the poll feature all together from my forum - I'd prefer to just remove it all together.

Thanks for your help.

Oh I also forgot - I would like to change my image icon up in the righthand corner, I figured out how to take out the vb icon and put in my own but I would like to change the actual link when you click on the icon - instead of taking a user back to the message board index page I would like it to link back to my main website page - how would I go about changing this.

Thanks again!

(sorry if these are basic questions - I'm kinda over my head with all of this!)
    Last edited by karendmom; Wed 7th May '03, 9:11pm.

1. Just set the user group permissions for 'Can post polls' to 'No.

2. Modify the header template and change where the titleimage link points to.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you - that worked for both problems!

Comment

What about just one forum?

I have one forum where I would like to disable polls whereas I want to "allow" it in the rest. How do I do this?
        Paula

Comment

You have to set this to 'No' for each user group in forum permissions.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Only one forum

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            You have to set this to 'No' for each user group in forum permissions.
            I have a "category" with three forums in it. I want to disable the POLL in only one. I still can't find where and how to do this based on what you gave me above. If I edit the Usergroup, it doesn't tell me which forum it will affect.
            Paula

Comment

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Permissions

Then choose the specific forum and the user groups under that forum and adjust the permissions accordingly.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Permissions

Then choose the specific forum and the user groups under that forum and adjust the permissions accordingly.
                Thanks Steve!
                Paula

Comment

Working...
                X