DB curruption, cause me to lose my account.. help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DB curruption, cause me to lose my account.. help

I had the MySQL DB curruption, my webhost fixed the issue, he said it was an issue with the user table. But it cause one of my accounts on my board to be deleted. All the posts are there, but show as guest... The accounts user ID is 6, is anything I can do??

That account had 300+ posts...
    Last edited by Mainer82; Wed 7 May '03, 10:20am.

Sorry but what your host said doesn't make any sense. To fix this you would have to add a new account and then use phpMyAdmin to modify each one of the posts to use the userid of the new account.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This would actually work? If I change the id of every post I made?

Comment

Actually manually changing 300 posts is quite a lot. You should use a query:

UPDATE post SET userid=OLDUSERID WHERE userid=NEWUSERID;

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

This is what I got:

Affected rows: 0

SQL-query : [Edit] [Create PHP Code]
          UPDATE post SET userid = 6 WHERE userid = 64

Comment

Then there are no posts with userid 6. You may need to use 'username = ...' instead.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Actually manually changing 300 posts is quite a lot. You should use a query:

UPDATE post SET userid=OLDUSERID WHERE userid=NEWUSERID;
              Don't you mean
              UPDATE post SET userid=NEWUSERID WHERE userid=OLDUSERID;
              ?
              http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

Yep!

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Yes, it worked! Thank you guys!!

Comment

Once last thing, posts are fixed, but under the Moderator cat, it shows this:
                    , James, Kristi
                    , Kristi

Why is the comma there?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...mma#post125612

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

That worked, thank you.
                        I hope this is the end of this db issue:

When I click on PM tracking I get this:
                        <!-- Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:

Invalid SQL: SELECT COUNT(*) AS foldermsgtotal FROM privatemessage WHERE userid=64 AND folderid=
                        mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Wednesday 07th of May 2003 06:20:08 PM
                        Script: http://www.binarydreams.us/forums/fo...?s=&daysprune=
                        Referer: http://www.binarydreams.us/forums/private.php?s=
                        -->
                        Every user gets this

Comment

That error is from a hack because there is no 'foldermsgtotal' in any of the vB files. Try reuploading the original private2.php file from the zip file.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X