Most Users Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Users Online

What would cause the Most Users Online count to reduce? Ours was previously 208 and today it is showing as 181.

Eat Your Veggies

You need to verify that you have a template called maxloggedin, since if you don't your user count will always be the current number of users online:

First backup your database. Then run this query:

Code:
    SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM template WHERE title = 'maxloggedin' AND templatesetid = -2
    If that returns 0 than run this:

Code:
    INSERT INTO template (title, templatesetid) VALUES ('maxloggedin', -2)
    If you do get back 1 from the first query than all we are able to say to you is, reupload the stock
    index.php.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

That's a hard one. We don't have phpMyAdmin installed and I've never run a query before so I'm lost there.

BUT our currently active users online number is different than the Most Users Ever count. And this just happened today. Yesterday and the day before and on before that it was fine. What might have caused it to change?

Edited to add a link to our forum: www.mothering.com/discussions
      Eat Your Veggies

Comment

Most web hosts provide phpMyAdmin as part of the web site management tools such as CPanel, Plesk or Ensim. Look for a link to SQL or MySQL Databases. If you can't find it I suggest you ask your host about this.

If for some reason they do not provide phpMyAdmin or an equivalent MySQL manager, then you can download and install phpMyAdmin yourself from this location:

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

now what if it just resets.. i did just clean my database could i have done that... it is holding the new current most users online but is a different number then we use to have...

Comment

To set Most Users Online, run this query:

Code:
            UPDATE template SET template='x y' WHERE title='maxloggedin' AND templatesetid=-2;
            ...with 'x' being the online number and 'y' being the Unix timestamp.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Working...
            X