Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little confused about how vBulletin handles avatars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Access to certain avatars can be granted to users with X number of posts, but they don't automatically "upgrade" as users get higher post counts.

You can set custom user titles for users that change with post counts - Admin CP -> User Titles - but these only work for people in the Registered user group. These user titles can contain html code like img tags, so you could create a ladder of "little graphics" this way.

There is also a hack called the "star hack" on vbulletin.org that might interest you. Here is the link - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...ighlight=stars

Leave a comment:

• FutureXec
    replied
    Originally posted by phill2003
    well the avatars are something the user chooses to have under his name where as the user stars are a hack from vb.org and they increase depending on the amount of posts/usergroup and things like that...
    Ok, so it's a hack I need to install...

I wasn't aware of that...

Leave a comment:

• phill2003
    replied
    well the avatars are something the user chooses to have under his name where as the user stars are a hack from vb.org and they increase depending on the amount of posts/usergroup and things like that...

Leave a comment:

• A little confused about how vBulletin handles avatars...

I'm a convert from InvisionBoard and I'm familiar with how they handle avatars and the little graphics a member gains as their post count increases ( called "pips" )

With vBulletin these little graphics are considered avatars? So what is the difference between the picture a member has under their name and the graphics they earn as their post count increases?

I hope I made sense here...

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X