Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closed my boards but someone is still viewing it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Power
    replied
    I have seen this, too

Originally posted by cf3d
    So how is it letting them navigate though... if I refresh the Who's Online it shows them editing post, email members, send private messages and everything else. I have the boards closed so it show only show Main Index...
    This has heppened to me, too. My entire site is protected by a login screen first thing, however, it appears that guests are getting around it. I am not sure if the guests are showing up because they are viewing part of the site, or if they are really getting around it.

Also, I have had users register to my site, even though I have my board set up so that I have to authenticate every new member. Weird. Gonna search the threads to research this one.

Brett

Leave a comment:

• cf3d
    replied
    So how is it letting them navigate though... if I refresh the Who's Online it shows them editing post, email members, send private messages and everything else. I have the boards closed so it show only show Main Index...

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    They're just getting a no-permission page, or something saying the board is closed, that's all...they really aren't seeing the page.

Leave a comment:

• cf3d
    started a topic Closed my boards but someone is still viewing it...

Closed my boards but someone is still viewing it...

Something strange is happening to my boards today. I have a guest online that is going around to different thread and viewing them, editing them, sending email and private messaging people. However, they don't have access to do any of this.

I have banned that IP, made the forums unviewable to everyone not registered and even closed my boards but this person or something is still able to do stuff on the boards...

What's going on here?

post is an image for example...

In the image ColdFusion would be me the Admin... and the last guest is the problem. the boards are closed and he still has access... Virus? Hacker? what's going on...
    Attached Files