• Show
Clear All
    Kohhal

• Kohhal
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Here's the default:

[code]...allowmail...
    Ah, it's working fine now. I had allowemail and I got adminemail from the ACP, thought it might be that.

Thanks for your time!

G

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Here's the default:

Code:
    <td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont><b>Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices?</b></normalfont></td>
    	<td bgcolor="{secondaltcolor}"><normalfont>
    		<input type="radio" name="allowmail" value="yes" checked> yes
    		<input type="radio" name="allowmail" value="no"> no
    	</normalfont></td>
    There is no 'adminemail' in this template.

Leave a comment:

• Kohhal

• Kohhal
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMasterG
    Ah, that's the problem, it's "no" by default, but it shouldn't be? I have "allowemail" in the RegisterAdult template set to "yes" by default yet all new members have it set to "no" when I check in the ACP?
    Jeez, ok. I changed the RegisterAdult template so that "adminemail" is yes but still when someone registers it is set to "no" in their options? Help? Is the option supposed to be "allowemail" or "adminemail" for Receive emails from admins or could something be overriding it?

Leave a comment:

• Kohhal

• Kohhal
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    ... Note also that if the user has 'allow emails from admins' set to 'No', then an email won't be sent to them from the mass email function.
    Ah, that's the problem, it's "no" by default, but it shouldn't be? I have "allowemail" in the RegisterAdult template set to "yes" by default yet all new members have it set to "no" when I check in the ACP?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    How do you know it doesn't get sent to the others? You''ll need to check the server's mail logs to see what happened to those emails.

Note also that if the user has 'allow emails from admins' set to 'No', then an email won't be sent to them from the mass email function.

Leave a comment:

• Kohhal

• Kohhal
    replied
    Thanks but I won't be upgrading to 2.3.0 for a couple of weeks and I'd like to get this working now.

Help?

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Upgrade to version 2.3.0 and see what happens from there. vB 2.3.0 incorporates new mailing features.

Leave a comment:

• Kohhal

• Kohhal
    started a topic Email users awaiting activation not working

Email users awaiting activation not working

I'm trying to resend the activation email to my users with unconfirmed accounts(~150) but it's not working. Only one email gets sent which is to a test account I have which I manually changed the usergroup to "Users awaiting email confirmation" but it doesn't get sent to any of the others?

When I look up all users with usergroup "Users awaiting email confirmation" I see all the accounts listed including the test account, but still only the one email is sent?

Any ideas???

G

(On vBulletin 2.2.9)