repairing tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repairing tables

If I received a mysql error concerning the table thread and then repaired it under phpmyadmin, could that cause a thread to be deleted?

no it can't cause a table to be deleted, provided your ran the command correctly.

REPAIR TABLE tablename

should work but it does delete corrupted table records if it needs to - that's the nature of mysql repair

why you ask ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I've encountered two such errors the past couple of days and two threads are reported to be missing. So I was wondering if they were removed when the repairs were made.

Comment

If the threads were damaged beyond repair then this would account for it.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm also losing a couple threads every 2 weeks or so, is there any way that I can prevent this? When I get a database error I just repair the tables and then there is always a thread that just vanishes...

Comment

Upgrade to MySQL 4.0.18. This was a problem in versions below 4.0.15.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X