Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Dorry but I really don't know of anything in vB that would cause this to happen. Maybe someone else will have an idea.

Leave a comment:

• Ted S
    replied
    Steve, we are having the same problem being reported by several users... http://www.scubaboard.com/t51511.html

Leave a comment:

• unixman
    replied
    I'm having similar issues (you can read about it here):

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172882

I had one of the users send me some of the emails he is receiving, complete wth headers. I looked at them, and cross-referenced my sendmail log file. Basically, the sendmail log file shows two different emails being sent, one second apart.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeC
    The problem is definitly NOT clicking too often. Like I said, I click the submit button once, and I get 3 email notifications every time. I purposly only clicked once in order to see what would happen and it makes no difference.
    Hmmm...then this is honestly the first time I've ever heard of this specific problem. Is it reproducible? If not, then this would be a strong indication that it's a server issue. If it is, then fill out a support ticket with all the necessary details, including login info and the steps neede to duplicate the problem. If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.

Leave a comment:

• JakeC
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    This is almost certainly caused by your mail server being too slow to process the email notifications so the poster keeps clicking on the 'submit' button. The first thing I'd suggest trying is to remove all hacks to see if this helps. If not, then you'll need to contact your web host and ask them to look at the mail server responsiveness.
    The problem is definitly NOT clicking too often. Like I said, I click the submit button once, and I get 3 email notifications every time. I purposly only clicked once in order to see what would happen and it makes no difference. The posts are being processed imediatly with no noticable lag. I'm on a dedicated server and I havn't ever had this problem before. I've changed nothing with my site in around 4 months now and everything has been very smooth. I contacted my host and he assures me nothing has changed with the server either.

Jake

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is almost certainly caused by your mail server being too slow to process the email notifications so the poster keeps clicking on the 'submit' button. The first thing I'd suggest trying is to remove all hacks to see if this helps. If not, then you'll need to contact your web host and ask them to look at the mail server responsiveness.

Leave a comment:

• JakeC
    started a topic Multiple E-Mail Notifications

Multiple E-Mail Notifications

Starting Yesterday I began to receive three email notifications with each post. I've seen this problem with vbulletin.org before. Now it's happening on my board and I would like to know the fix. I do know that it happens regardless of the number of times the submit button are clicked. I’ve personally posted with one click and still receive three notifications. I am running 2.2.9 on a Linux server with Apache 1.3.27. Thanks in advance.

Jake
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X