Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    You could set mysql to log slow queries and see where it goes wrong maybe.

You could also check your 'top' and other 'daemon behaviour notification-like tools' to see what gets loaded and why.

Some servers I administer had these problems and it turned out that the hard drives just couldn't handle the stress due to 200+ users online. Some others it turned out that the raw access log required priority over everything, for some reason that slowed things down to.

Ofcourse, having mucho javascript and preloading images and other stuff, doesn't help either.

Since you use mysql 4, make sure caching is turned on.

Turn on debug in config.php of vBulletin and check with &explain=1 in the URI to what actually happens.

Also,
    it seems like the page actually loads very quick, but then it takes time to render everything PRE before it gives a visual on the table. Maybe you need to check your table nesting or make more closing tables rather then new cells. Since IE tends to render everything inside a table, before it shows it.
    Last edited by Floris; Tue 29 Apr '03, 1:04am.

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    Same as Wayne, about 10 secs to load the main page.
    I see JS all over the place....that's bad.

Leave a comment:

• PiotrasG
    replied
    I took the image out to test it. Still it takes a while to load.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The only problem that I had on your front page was caching over 100K of images. On a 56K modem that would be 20-30 seconds of download not counting the actual HTML.

On my DSL it took about 8 seconds to load. Not the fastest site but certainly not the slowest either.

Leave a comment:

• PiotrasG
    started a topic index.php take for ever to load

index.php take for ever to load

Hi my first page index.php takes for ever to load. I hacked my forum but then i replaced all the files to ckeck if that had any effect on it, still had the same problem. My background image loads quicker than the first page.

I runing the forum on a dedicated server with

Pentuim 4

2 Gigs
    1.5 ram
    2 80 Gigs hard drives
    php 4.22
    mysql 4.012
    This is my forum http://PolskieForum.com

Any ideas how i can fix this problem

Rest of the forum runs perfect just the first page