Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timeout for Cookie used for 2 things ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeout for Cookie used for 2 things ???

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

The Timeout for Cookie is used for keeping track of which threads are unread. A longer setting seems to work better, because if a user doesn't read all threads in a sitting, they have another chance later. We'd prefer something like 5 or 6 hours.

It's also used for determining which users are "Currently Active." A shorter setting seems to work better, because if a user leaves the board, we'd like that person's name to drop off in an hour or less, maybe 30 minutes.

Is it possible to have TWO settings, one for which threads are unread, and the other for which users are currently active? That would work fine for us.

Or is there some other solution that I don't yet understand, that can help me achieve this?

I understand why you can't keep track of every thread's read status for every user.

Thanks for your help!

William
    http://ConsciousLoving.com/forums
    Last edited by Williamos; Tue 22 Apr '03, 4:56pm.

To have two settins would require hacking. This addition will not be added to vBulletin 2.X.

With the new read marker system planned for 3.1, this will become a non-issue.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X