Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Members area

HI

I have entered my email address in the members area yet I still can't post in the troubleshooting forum. Can an admin look into this please?

Thanks
    http://www.icecreamforum.com

Originally posted by HexOnxOnx
    HI

I have entered my email address in the members area yet I still can't post in the troubleshooting forum. Can an admin look into this please?

Thanks
    heya Hex ...

at the moment they are having some problems as they have to do it manually , changing users permissions. I'm sure if you post your query here at the end of the thread , one of the moderators/admins , will try to sort you out in due course.
    My Sites :

Comment

This should probobly be in the feedback forum, but from what I've heard their system is down or something and they need to do it manually every time. So you can try to contact one of the staff.

-Dimava
      NXSupport Admin

Comment

Thanks both of you. I was hoping to get my problem posted before I have to leave, now I wont be back for about 4 hours.

Comment

Thanks both of you. I was hoping to get my problem posted before I have to leave, now I wont be back for about 4 hours.
          maybe its something small and we can help. just add it to the end of this thread when you get a chance.
          My Sites :

Comment

Well.... I have moved my forum to a new server, before I had a shared server. On the shared server all the mail functions worked with no problems. Now on the new server the mail functions don't work, mail send is on the server as well. I can get a phpbb board to work on this server using the mail functions but not with my vB board.

VO Tech support couldn't help, they wanted me to post here.

Comment

Well.... I have moved my forum to a new server, before I had a shared server. On the shared server all the mail functions worked with no problems. Now on the new server the mail functions don't work, mail send is on the server as well. I can get a phpbb board to work on this server using the mail functions but not with my vB board.

VO Tech support couldn't help, they wanted me to post here.
              a typical Steve reply is here

Originally posted by Steve Machol
              Sorry but if some email is working and some is not, then this is a server or mailbox issue. You will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full, 'unavailable' or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.
              My Sites :

Comment

HI

Thanks
                It's fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

<moving to Troubleshooting forum>

Upload mailtest.php to your forums directory (it's in the 'extras' folder of the zip file) and run it from your browser. Using your email address as a test, what happens? Any errors? Do you get the email?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

mailtest.php was tried already and there are never any errors and the mail is never sent.
                    HexOnxOnx
                    Last edited by HexOnxOnx; Sun 20 Apr '03, 11:55pm.

Comment

You have a faulty sendmail path in php.ini:

-t -i

It should look something like:

/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

You or your host will need to put the correct path to your mail server in php.ini, then restart Apache.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        You have a faulty sendmail path in php.ini:

-t -i

It should look something like:

/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

You or your host will need to put the correct path to your mail server in php.ini, then restart Apache.
                        Excellent! Thanks for the great help Steve!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X