Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! - Something Different

Hey,

The help I need is probably very different to what you're used to do.

Anyway here's the deal; Recently I got an old vbulletin database backup this board went down in April 2001 the board was running on a vbulletin 2.0.0 beta 3 lol Anyway I restored it on a 2.2.1 because that's the earliest copy I had still on my computer. It's all up and running on my computer I can view the forums, users, posts, etc.

The only problem is I can't register, login to the Admin CP or login to the board fullstop for that matter.

Anyway my question is how can I login?

I just get this "Wrong Password. Please press the back button, enter the correct password and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!" when I try.

did you use the upgrade scripts to update the db from 2.0.0 to 2.2.1 ?
    My Sites :

Comment

Nope problem was 2.2.1 was the earliest version I have I don't know where to get 2.0.0 beta 3.

Comment

But you can't just use the files only, you have to run the upgrade scripts to update your db from 2.0.0 to 2.2.1.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html
          Last edited by Steve Machol; Fri 18 Apr '03, 2:42pm.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Got a comma there

Comment

Not any more.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Where can I get vbulletin 2.0.0 beta 3 because that's what the database was using?

Comment

We don't keep the older zip files available for download. You will have to upgrade the database.

Comment

Just use the upgrade scripts that are in your 2.2.1 zip. They'll work.
                    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X