Problems after host upgade to PHP 4.3.1 and +suExec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems after host upgade to PHP 4.3.1 and +suExec

My web host upgraded the server on Sunday to PHP 4.3.1 +suExec. Ever since then I've been having all sorts of problems with my forums. The host insists that it can't possibly be the upgrade because no one else is having problems.

Here's the basic problem: When someone visits the forums they see an old page from hours or even days earlier. This happens on every page not just the main page. Often after they post it won't even show up for them because they are still getting the old page. I simple refresh doesn't do anything . I added no-cache headers to EVERY page and that didn't make a difference. The only thing we've found that works so far is to do a ctrl-F5 to reload every page they visit (what a pain in the ...). I'm actually stating to loose members because people are becoming so frustrated with the problems.

The other weird thing is that with a few exceptions the problem appears to be isolated to users of IE on broadband connections (DSL, Cable, T1, etc).

Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here? Has anyone experienced similar problems? I just can't believe it's not a direct result of the upgrades to the server since the problems started at exactly the same time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Turn NOCache headers on in the admin control panel. Sounds like a caching issue with the end-user's browsers.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by KingsFan
      ... I added no-cache headers to EVERY page and that didn't make a difference. ...
      I tried turing them on in the admin control panel and when that didn't help I added them to the header include template that is loaded with every page. Still didn't help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X