Odd E-Mail...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd E-Mail...

I received an email today from a user on my vBulletin forum. It was listed as being from 'MyForum Mailer'. I originally though that someone emailed me through my profile, but I have that option disabled. I even tried it and got a message saying: 'Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails through this board.'

To add to the mystery, it wasn't addressed to the email I have listed in my profile, it was emailed to [email protected], with 'username' being my forum nickname and 'mysqldatabase.com' being the location of the server where the forum's mySQL database is located. The only place I listed the database server name is in the config.php file.

How was this email sent to me? Is there any way of tracking it down?

Did you ask the user that sent it to you how they came across that email address and why the email is in that particular format?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

...I forgot to mention that. In the message, it states at the top "This is a message from...", the user that the message is supposedly from doesn't exist.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X