vBulletin - Question...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin - Question...?

Sorry, i couldnt find where to put this, so i put it here..

uhh.. ok, here my question :-

I bought a vBulletin owned license a few weeks ago, and wanted to know if there was any chance that i could install a second board, on a different server to my designated server, simply as a test board. All i want it for is to check if hacks work/dont work or if i want them etc, without disturbing the actual board, but as i only have 1 MySQL database on my server, i cant have it on there..

Any chance u nice, nice people could allow me to have this test board, or not..?

*puppy dog eyes* pwease..?

Yes, as long as it is completely inaccessible by other people (.htaccessed, registration turned off, etc), and is located in a directory /testvb/
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

You can have a test setup and the dir should be named testvb and it should be pw protected. This applies to having it on the same server. I don't know if you can set it up on another domain however. One would think it would be ok as long as it is pw protected and not available to the public.

You could always install localy on your comp and test it there.
      Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

First, please enter the email address that you used for your forum account in this form here:
        http://www.vbulletin.com/members/forums.php

And yes, there are specific rules for setting up a test server outlined in the license agreement. However, since you can't install it on your server, you should install it on your local machine, otherwise it will be suspect.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

my account had the email thing sorted.. there was a prob with vbulletin.com's automated service.. ¬_¬

Thanks guy, i'll have to do that...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X