Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Questions from Novice!

I have two questions and am hoping the answers are relatively simple

Firstly - I have searched for this one but not found an answer I understand - Have set up user titles but no obvious option to display stars - I can see that these images exist but how can I display user title and stars by my users names

Secondly - I want to personalise my forums by altering all references to "birthday" to "wedding day" - if I start messing about with references to birthday (eg registration form, table) am I going to become stuck somewhere. Perhpas not necessary but would be nice to collect my users wedding dates rather than birthdates to automatically display in the calendar.

My further question about this is as there is something working out age based on year of birth will this become confused if dates are in the futre - eg 2005 wedding date. Did any of that make sense?

If so does some bright spark have an answer that my little pea size brain could cope with please?!

1) This requires a hack - Check over at http://vbulletin.org for this. (FYI, this is a feature in vB3)

2) I'm not sure what you mean, sorry... Please rephrase your question and I'll try to help (unless somebody else understands it )

Comment

Originally posted by mismatch
      Secondly - I want to personalise my forums by altering all references to "birthday" to "wedding day" - if I start messing about with references to birthday (eg registration form, table) am I going to become stuck somewhere. Perhpas not necessary but would be nice to collect my users wedding dates rather than birthdates to automatically display in the calendar.
      I would not try to alter the birthday system. Instead, I would add a separate user field for weddings. The fun part is integrating it into the calendar and providing the interface for the user to set it. This could be a pretty long project.

http://www.vbulletin.org/ as this is also a hack.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean, sorry... Please rephrase your question and I'll try to help (unless somebody else understands it )

perhaps I'll skip it then lol!
        Seemed a nice idea and a good way of data collection but both altering birthdate or setting up new view for calendar seem difficult. Dohh feel disappointed now!

I only purchased licence a fortnight ago - is
        VB3 out now then? can I upgrade? May aswell do it before I port old access DB to MYSQL.

Comment

You can ask your users to post their Weddings to the calendar and then use this:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=35806

to show today's events on the forumhome page.

vB3 is still a bit off in the distance. Why wait?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X