cannot find IP address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cannot find IP address

If I do a search for IP address then many (most of the) times I cannot find one at all. Why is this?

Rik.

Try searching without the number after the 3rd dot, and try increasing the search depth.
    NXSupport Admin

Comment

Originally posted by Dimava
      Try searching without the number after the 3rd dot, and try increasing the search depth.
      What number after what 3rd dot? I just click on 'view ip's for ...' then I get 3 fields": IP AddressOr partial address), User name, Depth to search.

Since the username field is empty after I clicked on 'view ip's for ...' I enter the username and click the 'find'-button. But nothing is found, many times. I tried increasing the search depth, but that doesn't help. But when I try to find it for my own username it does find an ip number. Can people block their ip or something?

Rik.

Comment

Lets say that your ip is 123.465.789.865

when searching by a user's ip address, only type in the first two or three sections (i.e. 123.465 or 123.465.789)
        NXSupport Admin

Comment

Lets say that your ip is 123.465.789.865

when searching by a user's ip address, only type in the first two or three sections (i.e. 123.465 or 123.465.789)
          Maybe I don't understand, but how do I know what the first two or three sections are if no ip can't be found at all? And if it could be found, then I wouldn't have to enter it anymore.. Basically, I am not searching BY a user's ip address, I am searching FOR a user's ip address. Maybe that's what caused the confusion?

Rik.

Comment

i think he is that that even if he searches someones username, the user is found but the ip isn't...
            Unlike most, I don't think I'm always right, if I'm wrong, CORRECT me.... providing you have some evidence

Comment

oh, so you're entering a username, and you want to find their ip address?

I can't think of a reason why a valid member's username wouldn't show the ip address, double check to make sure the username is correct.
              NXSupport Admin

Comment

oh, so you're entering a username, and you want to find their ip address?

I can't think of a reason why a valid member's username wouldn't show the ip address, double check to make sure the username is correct.
                Yes, that's what I am trying to do. Tried double checking it, but doesn't help.

Rik.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X