Importing Issue...(figures, eh?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing Issue...(figures, eh?)

I had been using a UBB forum up until today, which is when I finally decided to switch over to VB. The installation went flawlessly, however I'm having a difficult time with the importing of my (now) old board...

Here's the thing. My site had to be moved to a new server that handled PHP and had access to MySQL, but this server doesn't have Perl installed. I have a copy of the old UBB on both the old server and current (of which, it doesn't run--of course), but the importing doesn't want to work. Will I have to have Perl running on the server to do the import? If not (which is what I'm hoping), can someone give me some ideas on what I'll need to do to get it going...???

Help me, Vbulletin community! You're my only hope.

First what version of UBB are you importing from? The import script currently only work with versions up to 6.3.

Second, you do not need Perl running. What you need are the UBB CGI, Non-CGI and Members directories on the same server as the vB you are importing to. You need to specify the exact path to these directories during the import process.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ah, should've noted that...

It's version 6.3.0 so at least that shouldn't be the problem. Thanks for the help though!

I'll do some more testing tomorrow, and I'll post any errors here--maybe that'll help clarify what the problem really is....

Comment

Here's the two errors I'm receiving (same page):

Warning: file("../memberslist.cgi") - Permission denied in ..\bbimport_ubb6.php on line 160

and

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in ..\bbimport_ubb6.php on line 210

Permissions problem ...maybe?

Comment

What file permissions do you have on the memberlist.cgi file and the directory it's in?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ah I figured out what I was doing wrong.... ^^;

I had the paths messed (stupid mistake), but now everything's all set...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X