• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Icheb

• Icheb
    replied
    Erm

SELECT value FROM setting WHERE varname='templateversion';

Selecting everything is a bad habit which only fills your memory with useless information.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As has been pointed out this info is available when you access the Admin CP. Nonetheless:

SELECT * FROM `setting` WHERE varname='templateversion'

This assumes, of course, that you always updated you forums correctly and haven't installed any hacks that woul affect this setting.

Leave a comment:

• ubbuser

• ubbuser
    replied
    Hi any tip regarding the mysql query to find version of vb in use would be useful. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Marco

• Marco
    replied
    It's written all over the admin CP.

Leave a comment:

• ubbuser

• ubbuser
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I don't want to reinstall the old program files.

If I load the backed up sql database into a database account, is there any query I can make to find out what version of vbulletin I have been using? The footer feature (where one could see the version running) was taken off due to security considerations.

Basically I want to find out the version of vb I am using preferably thru a query to the database directly.

Once I find out the version I am using, I can install the 2.2.9 files and then run the upgrade script.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The upgrade instructions are on the first page of the actual upgrade script regardless of version. It tells you exactly what to run to get to the version that you desire.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As Cary said the upgrade instructions are exactly the same, except you don't run upgrade23.php.

Leave a comment:

• ubbuser

• ubbuser
    replied
    I will get back to you with the info.

Leave a comment:

• Cary

• Cary
    replied
    What version are you upgrading from? Run all the scripts at http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html except upgrade23.php

Leave a comment:

• ubbuser

• ubbuser
    replied
    Actually I am looking for upgrade instructions for version 2.2.9. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Upgrade instructions - http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html

Install instructions - http://www.vbulletin.com/manual/install.html

Leave a comment:

• ubbuser

• ubbuser
    replied
    BTW, if the answer is NO again, are the install / upgrade instructions included in the files in the .zip file that contains 2.2.9 ver code?

Leave a comment:

• ubbuser

• ubbuser
    replied
    By the way it would really help me out if you could send me the install instructions for 2.2.9 upgrade!!! Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• ubbuser

• ubbuser
    replied
    Ok If I have the files with me, can you help me with the installation instructions to do an update?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    We have a policy of only making the latest version available. vBulletin 2.2.9 is not available for download. It is for this reason that you backup your original files and maintain an archive of your downloads.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X