I just upgraded from 2.2.9 to 2.3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just upgraded from 2.2.9 to 2.3.0

I am now getting an email verification error. When I upgraded, I completely emptied the database and restarted with a fresh bboard with no posts. (Due to a host change.) My users are resigning up, but can't email verify.

Here is what I get as an error.

Database error in vBulletin 2.3.0:
    Invalid SQL: SELECT user.userid,usergroupid,username,email,password,activationid,dateline FROM user LEFT JOIN useractivation ON (user.userid=useractivation.userid AND type=0) WHERE email='[email protected]'
    mysql error: Column: 'usergroupid' in field list is ambiguous
    mysql error number: 1052
    Date: Tuesday 15th of April 2003 12:29:36 PM
    Script: http://www.sandstormcantina.com/foru...s/register.php
    Referer: http://www.sandstormcantina.com/foru...=edit&userid=3

What is the cause of this, since verification worked just fine with 2.2.9?

I have, btw, used Mascon and it says there are no problems with the dbase.

Oh, and I get an email telling me that I have an error, so the program can SEND emails, it's just not sending the verification emails. Strange. My guess is that the upgrade screwed up when it set up the database, and now it can't tell who to send the email too, but how do I fix that without subjecting my users to another wipe? I don't think they'll stick around for that kind of instability. The alternative of verifying each email manually is horrifying.....

I just ran repair.php also, and it says that all the tables are fine, EXCEPT the session table, which returns an error:

TableOperation
    TypeText
    cantinafiles.sessioncheck
    error
    The handler for the table doesn't support check
    Repairing table sessioncantinafiles.sessionrepair
    error
    The handler for the table doesn't support repair

I believe that is because it is a HEAP table instead of a MyISAM? I'm not sure, I'm a noob, but these things don't seem to be the problem to my simplistic knowledge base. Help me, oh mighty developers!

I keep investigating possibilities so that I might narrow it down for you. I just sent myself an email from the control panel, and got:

Emailing users. Page 1/1 (1 users total).
    1 - Creldarix .... sending ... ok
    All done!

I got the email I sent.

So obviously it CAN send email. But not for verification. This is really cramping my style.
    Last edited by Creldarix; Tue 15 Apr '03, 1:38pm.

Please reupload the register.php file from your stable 2.3.0 zip file. This issue does not exist in the final stable release of 2.3.0.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Please reupload the register.php file from your stable 2.3.0 zip file. This issue does not exist in the final stable release of 2.3.0.
      That fixed it! I love you guys.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X