Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bgray
    replied
    Thank you Steve. You hyper speed replies are appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You can also run the repair queries in phpMyAdmin which is why I suggested you start a new thread. If you fill out a support ticket we can send you repair.php.

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Leave a comment:

• bgray
    replied
    I'm having the same problem he is and didn't see a need to redefine the problem. I don't have my original zip file because my computer crashed and I lost my data. So I don't have the vb2 repair file which I need. I just wanted to know if the vb3 repair file was the same.

It doesn't appear that it is.

Could someone please email me the vb2 repair file to [email protected]

Thanks,

BGray

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    What fix file? Repair.php? This has been in every vB2 zip file since the beginning. You don't need to upgrade to vB3 to fix a database error. If you are having a specific problem, then please start a new thread with all the relevant details so we can help you.

Leave a comment:

• bgray
    replied
    I have v2.29 and am upgrading my license just to get this fix file. Is the fix file for v3 still the same?

Thanks,

BGray

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    ALTER TABLE `table` Type=`MyISAM`;

Where `table` is whatever table you need to convert.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I'm not sure what the question is, but there will be no harm to the data by changing the type to MyISAM. As with all changes to the db though, it's best to make a backup first.

Leave a comment:

• DiscussAnything
    replied
    Steve-

Thanks for your help and bearing with this SQL newbie.

Does the 'type' that the tables are effect the data at all? What does the type mean?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I was responding to why repair.php doesn't work on your database tables. To fix this problem you'll need to go into phpMyAdmin, open each table, then choose the 'Options' tab and change the table type manually.

Leave a comment:

• DiscussAnything
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    This means that your table types are set to ISAM instead of MyISAM. Because of this they cannot be repaired. To fix this you will need to go into phpMyAdmin and change all table to MyISAM type - except for the session table which should be HEAP.
    Does this effect the data at all? Why would this only effect certain users and not all users?

Could you give me the specific commands needed?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This means that your table types are set to ISAM instead of MyISAM. Because of this they cannot be repaired. To fix this you will need to go into phpMyAdmin and change all table to MyISAM type - except for the session table which should be HEAP.

Leave a comment:

• DiscussAnything
    replied
    Just wanted to give an update, still getting the same error message...

Leave a comment:

• DiscussAnything
    replied
    Did it, this is the result, will keep you posted...

I think the tables formatting will go away when I submit the post...but it did change some things, but the 'This Table does not support check/repair/optimize was an anomoly. Is that alright? Anything else I should look at?

Checking table accessTableOperationTypeTextforum.accesscheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table adminlogTableOperationTypeTextforum.adminlogcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table adminutilTableOperationTypeTextforum.adminutilcheckstatusOKOptimizing table adminutilforum.adminutiloptimizestatusTable is already up to date Checking table announcementTableOperationTypeTextforum.announcementcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table attachmentTableOperationTypeTextforum.attachmentcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table avatarTableOperationTypeTextforum.avatarcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table bbcodeTableOperationTypeTextforum.bbcodecheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table calendar_eventsTableOperationTypeTextforum.calendar_eventscheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table customavatarTableOperationTypeTextforum.customavatarcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table forumTableOperationTypeTextforum.forumcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table forumpermissionTableOperationTypeTextforum.forumpermissioncheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table iconTableOperationTypeTextforum.iconcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table moderatorTableOperationTypeTextforum.moderatorcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table pollTableOperationTypeTextforum.pollcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table pollvoteTableOperationTypeTextforum.pollvotecheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table postTableOperationTypeTextforum.postcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table privatemessageTableOperationTypeTextforum.privatemessagecheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table profilefieldTableOperationTypeTextforum.profilefieldcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table replacementTableOperationTypeTextforum.replacementcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table replacementsetTableOperationTypeTextforum.replacementsetcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table searchTableOperationTypeTextforum.searchcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table searchindexTableOperationTypeTextforum.searchindexcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table sessionTableOperationTypeTextforum.sessioncheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table settingTableOperationTypeTextforum.settingcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table settinggroupTableOperationTypeTextforum.settinggroupcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table smilieTableOperationTypeTextforum.smiliecheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table styleTableOperationTypeTextforum.stylecheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table subscribeforumTableOperationTypeTextforum.subscribeforumcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table subscribethreadTableOperationTypeTextforum.subscribethreadcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table templateTableOperationTypeTextforum.templatecheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table templatesetTableOperationTypeTextforum.templatesetcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table threadTableOperationTypeTextforum.threadcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table threadrateTableOperationTypeTextforum.threadratecheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table userTableOperationTypeTextforum.usercheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table useractivationTableOperationTypeTextforum.useractivationcheckstatusOKOptimizing table useractivationforum.useractivationoptimizestatusTable is already up to date Checking table userfieldTableOperationTypeTextforum.userfieldcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table usergroupTableOperationTypeTextforum.usergroupcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table usertitleTableOperationTypeTextforum.usertitlecheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize Checking table vbstats_counterTableOperationTypeTextforum.vbstats_countercheckstatusOKOptimizing table vbstats_counterforum.vbstats_counteroptimizestatusTable is already up to date Checking table vbstats_countriesTableOperationTypeTextforum.vbstats_countriescheckstatusOKOptimizing table vbstats_countriesforum.vbstats_countriesoptimizestatusTable is already up to date Checking table vbstats_dateTableOperationTypeTextforum.vbstats_datecheckstatusOKOptimizing table vbstats_dateforum.vbstats_dateoptimizestatusTable is already up to date Checking table vbstats_excludeTableOperationTypeTextforum.vbstats_excludecheckstatusOKOptimizing table vbstats_excludeforum.vbstats_excludeoptimizestatusTable is already up to date Checking table vbstats_optionsTableOperationTypeTextforum.vbstats_optionscheckstatusOKOptimizing table vbstats_optionsforum.vbstats_optionsoptimizestatusTable is already up to date Checking table vbstats_referrerTableOperationTypeTextforum.vbstats_referrercheckstatusOKOptimizing table vbstats_referrerforum.vbstats_referreroptimizestatusTable is already up to date Checking table warnings_logTableOperationTypeTextforum.warnings_logcheckstatusOKOptimizing table warnings_logforum.warnings_logoptimizestatusTable is already up to date Checking table wordTableOperationTypeTextforum.wordcheckstatusThis table does not support check/repair/optimize

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Earlier versions of vB are not available. However there have been no changes to repair.php for quite a long time so you can use the one from 2.3.0 without a problem.

Leave a comment:

• DiscussAnything
    replied
    Is it possible to download a previous version of vB? We're running 2.2.6 and my original zip is on a CD somewhere. If not, is repair.php in 2.3.0 compatible?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X