Changing Public Display Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Public Display Name

It was my understanding that this software allows for users to change their publically displayed name. I thought I had it running on my site at one time, but now it does not work. I cannot remember where in the CP it is it.

Help.

Originally posted by bitg
    It was my understanding that this software allows for users to change their publically displayed name. I thought I had it running on my site at one time, but now it does not work. I cannot remember where in the CP it is it.

Help.
    Users can not change their own usernames.
    Either this will have to be done for them by an administrator or there may be a hack available over at http://www.vbulletin.org to allow users to do it themselves.

Comment

I understand that they cannot change their login name. But at one time, my users (with the default installation of this software and no hacks added) were able to change the name that was publically displayed on their posts.

How can we do that?

Comment

You know, I am probably confused. I think I am confusing this with members changing their own custom tiltle. sorry for the confusion here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X