Two websites referrence the same DB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two websites referrence the same DB?

Is it possible to setup two websites (running from the same host) and have the Vbulletin forum running on both sites but referrencing a single DB file?

Do you wish the vB on SiteA to be that same as or different from the vB on SiteB?

Comment

The same, me and buddy both run websites. It was discussed between him and myself that we would share the forum. He would have the forum installed on his site along with mine and they would both point to the same DB.

We are just unsure of any problems that might be associated with something setup like that.

Comment

If you have a copy of the vB files on both sites then you will need a license for each even if they use the same db.
        The best way to do this would be to install vB once on one site and setup redirect on the other to point to it.

Comment

There would probably be issues due to various config options that could only be set to one path or another, which would make it only work well in one place or the other. I'm sure it could be hacked to work, but the best thing to do is to put it on one site or the other and link to it from the site it's not on. Alternately, you could make a separate site/domain for the forum and link to it from both.
          http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X