No repair script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No repair script

Running vBulletin 2.2.8 and believe I have some corrupted tables. After reading through existing posts I was informed I could run repair.php.

I dont seem to have this. Where can I download repair.php from, and will it work with vBulletin 2.2.8...?

repair.php is in the /extras folder in the .zip you downloaded from the members' area

Comment

I dont seem to have the original download (oops). If I download the latest version (2.3.0) and use the repair.php that comes with it, will it be OK?

Else, any ideas..!

Comment

I've compared the repair.php files that came with my vB2.2.8 & vB2.3.0 downloads and there is no difference.
        So yes, you can download the latest version from the members' area and use the repair.php from that.

Comment

OK, got it and ran it twice. Then again...

I get the following message on most tables:
          This table does not support check/repair/optimize
          Any ideas...!!!

Comment

Most tables?

I would expect this result from the session table as it does not support repair.
            What other tables gave this result?

Comment

All tables that are to do with vBulletin give this message. The are some that dont, but these are nothing to do with vBulletin at all...!!!

Comment

I'm not sure why you would be getting this result for all vB tables.
                Better get someone more clued-up on the inner workings of repair.php to look at this.
                Sorry.

Anyone else?

Comment

Kristain, what version of MySQL is running on your server? It looks like you are running ISAM tables instead of MyISAM. Fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and phpMyAdmin.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Can I not simply change the table type from ISAm to MyISAM through MyAdimPHP. Would this allow me to then use the repair script on these tables...???

Comment

Oh yeah, OK... That did the trick, all sorted now

Comment

Working...
                      X