Very Big Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Big Problem

Hi, I have an enormous problem on my boards. I have been hacked several times even though I have hacking protection. I've had to start over 3 times already and its not so fun especially because I'm just starting out. I've had my boards for almost a year now and every time I get past 100 members or 5000 posts (just a small number but I've had to restart) someone comes and destroys it all. I even know who it was all 3 times and I can't stop it! I know who was hacking my forums and I can't lift a finger. There has got to be some better protection provided for forums so that I can feel safer and not have to restart again. Please help me VBulletin Team.

Originally posted by Glenn379
    Hi, I have an enormous problem on my boards. I have been hacked several times even though I have hacking protection. I've had to start over 3 times already and its not so fun especially because I'm just starting out. I've had my boards for almost a year now and every time I get past 100 members or 5000 posts (just a small number but I've had to restart) someone comes and destroys it all. I even know who it was all 3 times and I can't stop it! I know who was hacking my forums and I can't lift a finger. There has got to be some better protection provided for forums so that I can feel safer and not have to restart again. Please help me VBulletin Team.
    what would be the route they are hacking your fourms ?
    via ftp and deleting your files.
    via the CP and mass deletion of the posts/threads
    via phpadmin and removing your db ?

do you have .htaccess setup for the /admin dir ?
    do you have an alphanumeric admin password and change it often ?
    My Sites :

Comment

Originally posted by pablo
      what would be the route they are hacking your fourms ?
      via ftp and deleting your files.
      via the CP and mass deletion of the posts/threads
      via phpadmin and removing your db ?

do you have .htaccess setup for the /admin dir ?
      do you have an alphanumeric admin password and change it often ?
      Well one time it was FTP and the other it was CP. I don't even know what .htaccess is....
      There is bound to be something that I can just install to protect my boards. I just restarted my boards from scratch, so would anyone be nice enough to install protection for me?

Comment

1. Change your ftp password.
        2. Change all your Admin passwords.
        3. Password-protect your admin and mod directories with htaccess:

Comprehensive guide to .htaccess

Note - your forums are only as secure as your server. You'll need to make sure you server is up-to-date with all security patches.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X