Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overhauling a vBulletin install and other questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't have ALTER privs on the database. Ask your host to add them for you.

Comment

Actually, I was just thinking about this a bit and realized a problem...

Lets say I install a second copy of vBulletin for the sake of being able to re-customize my board without having to shut it down and to not clue my community in to the changes I'm making yet be able to see changes as I go along. Since there's no way to export the templates created, and since they're stored in a mysql database rather than separate files in htdocs, how would I then apply these newly customized template pages to my live forum? If I did a dump and restore of one or the other I'd either lose my posts, or lose my new templates.

So, short of crawling through my database and figuring out how to only dump and restore only the new templates, how else can I do this?

I was looking through the admin hoping that I could change styles and templates per user level (so I can allow admins the option of choosing different template/style sets, but nobody else), but this doesnt seem to be possible.

So how can I do it?

Comment

First, you can download and upload style sets (which includes all the templates in that style.)

The second suggestion (changing styles per user group) requires hacking. You can make a request for one over at vbulletin.org.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          First, you can download and upload style sets (which includes all the templates in that style.)

The second suggestion (changing styles per user group) requires hacking. You can make a request for one over at vbulletin.org.
          Steve, thanks for pointing that out. I guess I'm not as familiar with vBulletin as I thought. Figured you guys we're to slick to leave something like that out.

Anyhow, thanks for the help, I'll give it a shot.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X