Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New post notification email title empty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New post notification email title empty?

I noticed after I upgraded from 2.9 to 2.3 that my forums new post notification emails in the titles, it's blank [no title].

It has everything in the body of the message but is missing the title. How do I got about fixing this?

Thanks!

Derrick

Revert your email_notify template back to original.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Revert your email_notify template back to original.
      Thank you it worked!

Comment

Originally posted by dSpots
        Thank you it worked!
        Steve, I'm having the same problem, only my email_notify template is untouched..

I have 2 servers running vb, and both run mailservers, one sends "blank" from emails, one doesn't.

When comparing messages received from either, they are identical?

Example:

Email from server1 (works fine)
        Return-Path: <[email protected]>
        Delivered-To: [email protected]
        Received: (qmail 11589 invoked by uid 99); 8 May 2003 00:26:53 -0000
        Date: 8 May 2003 00:26:53 -0000
        Message-ID: <[email protected]>
        To: [email protected]
        Subject: Reply to post 'Reminder! Referral "games" aka SPAM will get you banned'

Email from server2 (from appears blank in my client (and others))
        Return-Path: <[email protected]>
        Delivered-To: [email protected]
        Received: (qmail 11392 invoked by uid 529); 8 May 2003 00:23:57 -0000
        Received: from [email protected] by pbnation.com by uid 0 with qmail-scanner-1.16 (uvscan: v4.1.60/v4261. spamassassin: 2.53. Clear:.
        Processed in 0.393071 secs); 08 May 2003 00:23:57 -0000
        Received: from magnus.pbnation.com (209.105.174.6)
        by pbnation.com with SMTP; 8 May 2003 00:23:56 -0000
        Received: (qmail 5410 invoked by uid 80); 8 May 2003 00:23:59 -0000
        Date: 8 May 2003 00:23:59 -0000
        Message-ID: <[email protected]ion.com>
        To: [email protected]
        Subject: Reply to post 'Reminder! Referral "games" aka SPAM will get you banned'

Obviously theres another hop in there, because it is coming from one server, and being delivered to the other server..

Edit: To clarify, the messages contain the correct stuff, and have a subject, its just that server 2's emails don't appear to be from anyone.

Any ideas?
        Last edited by KrON; Wed 7 May '03, 6:11pm.
        Kyle Christensen
        PbNation.com - one of the biggest and busiest vbulletin forums on the net!

Comment

This was a bug. Upgrade to 2.3.0 final:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=68750

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
            This was a bug. Upgrade to 2.3.0 final:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=68750

Holy speed!

Bad news, I'm already running 2.3.0 final. I went from 2.2.9 to 2.3.0, didn't bother with the RC's.. I'm positive.

I'll go redownload it, and diff the functions.php just to make sure I'm running the correct code.
            Kyle Christensen

Comment

That was definitely a bug and the way to fix it is to make sure you are running the default 2.3.0 files and relevant templates.

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Oh, upon reading that link, the problem isn't that my subject is blank, its that the FROM is blank.

I'm running the exact same code on both servers too (I rsync it over)
                Kyle Christensen

Comment

If you have not installed any hacks, fill out a support ticket at:

http://www.vbulletin.com/members/support_form.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP and FTP.

If you have installed hacks, then remove the hacks first before filling out the support request.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by KrON
                    Oh, upon reading that link, the problem isn't that my subject is blank, its that the FROM is blank.

I'm running the exact same code on both servers too (I rsync it over)
                    I'll get one of my web monkeys to look over the templates to make sure they match up.

Thanks!
                    Kyle Christensen

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X