Netscape can't view the forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netscape can't view the forum?

Is there any reason why older versions of Netscape can't view the forum?
    ~Susan

Which forum?

Netscape 4.xx will typically refuse to display ANYTHING if you are missing even one table, td, or tr opening or closing tag.

Comment

Upgrade to Netscape 7
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
        Upgrade to Netscape 7
        John, I realize that "newer" versions work, my QUESTION was WHY does older versions of Netscape not work? My customers are asking ME this question and it would be nice to KNOW why this is happening.

Please don't state the obvious.

~Susan

Comment

Older versions ot Netscape are not standards compliant, and the rendering engine is sub-par compared to modern-day browsers. As a result, pages don't display correctly, don't display at all, and at the very worst, present a security risk because older versions are not updated anymore.

Comment

Netscape 4.xx refuses to display much of anything if the HTML is not perfect.

Also, it's sad that I have run into methods of locking up Netscape just by using certain non-javascript directives in table definitions! !

Try < table background="test.jpg" style="no-repeat">

Comment

Netscape 4.XX will show the default templates just fine. If you are having problems, the easiest way to find where the problem is to validate the code using an online validator and make sure that all tags are properly closed in the resulting HTML.

Versions of Netscape older than 4.0 are not supported.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                Netscape 4.XX will show the default templates just fine. If you are having problems, the easiest way to find where the problem is to validate the code using an online validator and make sure that all tags are properly closed in the resulting HTML.

Versions of Netscape older than 4.0 are not supported.
                Of course I am not talking about default templates. The only time anyone has trouble is when they change templates significantly and there is a missing table tag somewhere.

Which online validator do you use? The ones at w3.org generate literally thousands of nuisance errors.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X