How do I set up mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I set up mods?

I run a pretty popular forum over at http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forum/ . Up until now I never needed moderators and I have been taking care of everything. Lately things have been crazy with spam and swearing and I need a moderator. Here is my question:

How do I set up moderator accounts? I see it as a user group but it looks like they have the same exact privileges as a regular user. I am looking at the screen and see no option to "delete other peoples post" or "edit other peoples posts" These tasks are what I need a mod to be able to do. Here is a link to the exact screen shot of the screen I am looking on.

Someone please help me.

I think you're looking for Admin CP --> Forums & Moderators --> Modify

And... click on 'Add Moderator' next to your forum name.

Comment

That didn't help me at all.

Comment

No? That's exactly what you have to do in order to add a moderator to your site.

Comment

Originally posted by ebaum
          That didn't help me at all.
          Do just as Cary said, just click the "add moderator" for each forum you'd like to add one to.
          Also, by default, Mods have permissions to move, delete, edit, etc. threads which they moderate.

Screenshot:
          Attached Files
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

What happens when you try Cary's instructions?

Comment

I set up a mod. My question now is:

Is it possible to prevent mods from editing posts done by admins. I am an admin of the board and I do not want any mods able to delete my posts on accident. If this isnt a built in feature it would surprise me because to me it seems like an important feature to have.

Comment

That would require hacking... Try asking that question over at http://vbulletin.org

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X