File attachment problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File attachment problems

I did a full install of vB 2.3.0 about a week ago. I tried to post a file attachment yesterday and after I hit the submit button the page tries to load for a minute then a white page comes up with a sql error message. My file attachment size is set to 12097152 bytes, the file is was trying to upload is 1.2 megs. I even set the file size to 0, any file size in my admin cp and I still get the same sql error message.

I looked through the forums here and I couldn't find anything releated to my problem. I also ran the repair.php and it reported no errors, everything ok.

This is the error message I get:
    Invalid SQL: INSERT into attachment
    (attachnemtid, userid, dateline, filename, filedata, visable)
    Values (NULL, 1, 1049001038,' 13z.zip

Then down below there is a whole lot of ASCII binary code showing.

I'll attach a pic so you can see what I mean.
    Attached Files

What does the very bottom of the message say?

Comment

Do you mean in the error window? I dunno when I try and use the scroll bar to the right on the error window the web page freezes on me and I have to clt+alt+del to end process.

I know there is a LOT of ASCII code tho, the scroll tab is awfully small.

I have a guest and visitor forum set up. You can try and attach a file if you like

http://utgamerz.com/forums/

Comment

I think you might have installed a codehack and it is causing the errors.

Upload the default php files and see what the results are.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
          I think you might have installed a codehack and it is causing the errors.

Upload the default php files and see what the results are.
          Nope I did not have any installed code hack when this problem occured.

I just installed the Welcome panel hack by Trilobyte while I was waiting for a reply on the forum here but the problem started happening earlier today. I installed the Welcome panel hack by Trilobyte and that's it.

Comment

Try reuploading newthread.php and newreply.php

See if that helps.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
              Try reuploading newthread.php and newreply.php

See if that helps.
              Already did that. That was one of the first things I did after the problem occured.

Comment

As Cary asked, we need to see which scripts are being used at the bottom of that error message.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  As Cary asked, we need to see which scripts are being used at the bottom of that error message.
                  OK i'll try and see if I can get to the bottom of the message. The only thing is it the error window fills up with the ASCII of the file i'm uploading I believe and it freezes my PC when it does. I'll wait and see if after it fills up I can get to the bottom of the mesage.

Comment

try a smaller file and see if produces the same results.
                    Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                      try a smaller file and see if produces the same results.
                      ok I have the file size set to 0 at the moment. If I try and upload a file under 1 meg I can but if I try and upload one any larger it won't.

I've been trying to get the SQL error message again but I haven't been able to. Now instead of showing a error message it just stays on the submit page and does nothing. I guess when I ran the repair.php it changed something and the SQL error message won't show now for some reason.

You can get on to my guest forum and try it yourself if you want.

http://utgamerz.com/forums/

Comment

ok check your mysql max packet size
                        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

ok 1.2mb file results in the error MySQL server has gone away.
                          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
                            ok check your mysql max packet size
                            Ok where would I check this at... phpmyadmin maybe?

Comment

yes i think there is an option on the main page to list the mysql config
                              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment