Clear All

• sbryan
    replied
    cool thanks for clarifying that!

Leave a comment:

• vBR
    replied
    Originally posted by sbryan
    no i havent used the ACP to build a list for use in an external bulk email tool, ive simply used the 'Email Users' tool in the ACP.

so if the user selects that option in his own CP he will still receive PM's via the forum?
    That option in the UCP does not affect PMs. It only removes that user from any bulk mail sent from the ACP.

Leave a comment:

• sbryan
    replied
    no i havent used the ACP to build a list for use in an external bulk email tool, ive simply used the 'Email Users' tool in the ACP.

so if the user selects that option in his own CP he will still receive PM's via the forum?

Leave a comment:

• vBR
    replied
    If a member does not what to be mailed by you then they would set "Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices?" to No.
    If you have bypassed the ACP and this check and built a mailing list from the db then you will probably be in breach of your own privacy agreement (if you have one.)

Leave a comment:

• sbryan
    started a topic Question about the 'Email Users' feature

Question about the 'Email Users' feature

I see you can filter who to include in a bulk user email, but is it possible to exclude people.

Instead of an 'opt-in' area on the site i simply use this feature via the forum to email my users.

Today i received my first 'remove me from your list' email [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] so next time i do a user email, how do i exclude this person and others in the future?

If there was one extra field, 'email addresses to exclude' then i could keep these people in a spreadsheet and just paste them in each time.

Otherwise, some more advanced email tools would certainly come in handy.

1. the ability to put a subscription form on any page on any website that dumps the data to my forum database as a new user type, ie, subscriber. That way i could simply select to email them and not bother forum users who dont want the email.

2. the feature to do multi-mime emails. let me select a html template and a text file template for the emails. the Vb strings, $username etc would all still be useable to personalise the emails.

Do you think we will see these in future versions or is it possible to add them now? I've got my forum 2.2.9 running very nice, with a number of hacks and reluctant to upgrade any further as i dont want to reinstall all the hacks again, but this is one feature that would definately be worth me having.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X