profile fields - selection not doing what it should

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• profile fields - selection not doing what it should

I want to create a profile field which only admins and mods can see in the profile and cannot be edited by members. According to the add profile screen in the admincp this should be possible.
    Field required? - Require field to be filled during registration. - Does not apply if you select Yes to Hidden below
    I answer No
    Field hidden on Profile? - Field only viewable by admins and mods - User will still be able to change it
    I answer yes
    Field Editable by the user? - If no, field is only viewable by admins and mods - If no, user cannot edit or view this field
    I answer no

So according to the explanations below each option i should have a profile field which can only be edited by admins/mods and can only be seen in the profile screen by admins & mods.

However, the custom field cannot be seen by mods or admins in the profile field even though the option says "Field only viewable by admins and mods - User will still be able to change it "

My aim of having this hidden field is that mods can input info about a user that is not wanted for public display.

I appreciate your help. I am using 2.3.0 RC3

Sorry for the bumped response.

This part of adding profile fields does appear to be incorrect:

"Field hidden on Profile? - Field only viewable by admins and mods - User will still be able to change it"

with this selected it is not viewable on the profile by admins and mods.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...&postid=383679

Comment

Working...
      X