Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vB 2.3.0 to 2.2.1 - How did that happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I don't think you'll have any problems. Just keep an eye on things for a while.

And you did remove the upgrade scripts this time, right?

Leave a comment:

• Lexserv
    replied
    Thanks! That seemed to solve the problem. Now my vB is back to its original version!

I'm a little concerned, though. Since the database was downgraded and upgraded again, would that cause any complications in the database in the future?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This means you've run this step before. Try skipping this and going to the next step:

admin/upgrade20.php?step=3

Leave a comment:

• Lexserv
    replied
    Here's the error message I got via e-mail:

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE session ADD althash CHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''
    mysql error: Duplicate column name 'althash'

mysql error number: 1060

Date: Wednesday 26th of March 2003 12:27:42 AM
    Script: /admin/upgrade20.php?step=2

Does this mean I have to skip a step???

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    We need to see the entire error message. Either post the contents of the email you received, or right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. Then copy-n-paste the error message here.

Leave a comment:

• Lexserv
    replied
    I'm getting an error message trying to upgrade from 2.2.6 to 2.2.7. The error message reads:

"Adding new column to session table ... P,BODY{FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,arial,sans-serif;FONT-SIZE:11px;}

There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.
    Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
    An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
    We apologise for any inconvenience."

Please help!

Leave a comment:

• Cary
    replied
    Upgrade instructions can be found at http://www.vbulletin.com/members/upgrade.html

If you need help with a specific step, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Lexserv
    replied
    Ok, someone help me here. When I installed vB 2.3.0, I didn't realize I had to remove the upgrade scripts from the admin folder. Then someone messed with one of the script and downgraded it to 2.2.1 Then someone upgraded it back to 2.3.0 which gave me a database error via e-mail. (read above)

Thinking the backup database from last week would restore everything the way it was from the beginning, it actually went back to 2.2.1 Now, please, what steps do I need to take to upgrade it back to 2.3.0 without messing the database? What script(s) do I need to upload and how do I run them?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• vBR
    replied
    You need to remove all upgradex.php and install.php from your /admin directory.
    If you have uploaded any of the extras such as getadmin.php, remove those too.

Leave a comment:

• Lexserv
    replied
    Ok, it looks like someone messed with the upgrade scripts, because I got an e-mail with the following error:

Database error in vBulletin :

Invalid SQL: ALTER TABLE useractivation ADD usergroupid SMALLINT(5) UNSIGNED NOT NULL
    mysql error: Duplicate column name 'usergroupid'

mysql error number: 1060

Date: Tuesday 25th of March 2003 08:48:07 PM
    Script: /admin/upgrade23.php?step=2

By the way, where in the Guide does it say to remove the upgrade files? I deleted all upgrade scripts, what else do I need to delete from the admin directory?????

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    you've left the upgrade scripts in the admin directory, these should be removed immediately after upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Lexserv
    started a topic vB 2.3.0 to 2.2.1 - How did that happen?

vB 2.3.0 to 2.2.1 - How did that happen?

I didn't realize this until today. My vBulletin changed from version 2.3.0 to 2.2.1, and I'm not sure how that happened. I've installed several hacks from vB.org before, but I'm not sure if they caused the change or not.

Before I want to look around and find out what caused this, I want to know if anyone has any clue on how this happened, and what I should do to fix this. Thanks in advance.
Working...
X