Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird E-Mail Problems

Hi there!

We are encountering some strange but very annoying problems with our board.

Some newly registered users claim that they have never received a confirmation mail with the activation link.
    Even in the CP if I click on e-mail activation codes they do not receive anything!

So, we have upgraded to 2.3 as it says that this issue was fixed - but nope! Same problems.

Some users can register - receive their mail and everything works.

Others register and I can't even send them an e-mail from the board!!!!

Please help us! Webserver running PHP 4.3.

By the way the GD feature is not working either! New registrations are banned with the message "The value you entered for the image verification is incorrect"

Regards,

Luke

Do your users have a spam filters?
    They may be blocking or deleting vB's mails.

Comment

First, are any email functions working? If so, you will need to view the mail logs on the server to see what happened to those emails. Once vB sends it to PHP it's in the hands of the server. If you are
      on a shared server you may need to ask your host to look through the logs for you.

For what it's worth I get a lot of bounced emails from people who's mail boxes are full, 'unavailable' or over quota. This is a particular problem with hotmail and yahoo accounts. Unless you are on a dedicated server and can set where these bounce messages go, you will never see them. The mail logs will have a record of these though.

Second, does the image appear during registration? Did you revert all the Registration Templates back to original after upgrading?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok guys, thanks for the quick replys.

Mail functions work properly, for instance a friend of mine registered today and everything worked just fine!

But on the other hand I have users in the database that I can't even send an e-mail using the e-mail feature in the CP. I get the message that the mail was delivered, but they never receice anything.

Most unfortunately one of those guys is a moderator - I checked with him an he doesn't have any spam filters installed.

I am on a shared folder, so I'll contact my administrator, although I don't quite understand why it could still be a PHP problem, as you say in the changelog that with 2.3.0 all mails are sent via a propriate mail function of yours.

The thing whith the GD function....

What exactly does it do? I checked with phpinfo and my server supports GD 2+ - when I set that in the CP new users get the error message given above.
        So what does it do and how should it work?

Registration Templates? What do I have to do there?

Please help us - it's kinda urgent!

Kind regards

Luke
        Last edited by DarkLuke; Mon 24 Mar '03, 11:59pm.

Comment

See my previous post.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I think we found a solution to the e-mail problem...

Could have been the settings on the mail server, hope that now all mails will be dlivered.

But the GD thing....

No image appeares during thr registration process...

Where should it be? And how can we "revert all the Registration Templates back to original after upgrading"?

Comment

Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify -> [expand list] -> Registration Templates -> [revert to original]

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify -> [expand list] -> Registration Templates -> [revert to original]
                Ok copy that. Sorry to bother you, but what does that do and does it have anything to do with the GD problem?

I have removed the option for useres being invisible on the registration form? Will that be lost and all options displayed again?

[img]images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

The new image verification system is contained in those templates. The only way it will work is by reverting them. You will need to redo your other5 changes after reverting.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

The new image verification system is contained in those templates. The only way it will work is by reverting them. You will need to redo your other5 changes after reverting.
                    Ok, now that explains a lot. Before I revert to the originals, can you please tell me which lines in which templates I have to delete afterwards to hide the "Browse Board invisible" option during registration?

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...move+invisible

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ok, thank you once again. All working fine now! You've been very helpful thank you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X