New server not sending email - cannot find in functions.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New server not sending email - cannot find in functions.php

i have well read what works for other.. that being to edit the vbmail() function in functions.php

i have been through 3 functions.php files looking for that sytax to add the -f to, but either i am on glue, or it does not exist!
    • i am using 2.2.8
    • i have checked the original from the zip file, the current one i use, and the one i am developing for the new style and look and there is not the
      Code:
       mail($toemail, $subject, $message, $headers);
      in any of them
    • www.diabloworld.com/phpinfo.pho shows that i am using the latest [and sometimes buggy] php version
    • sendmail.php sent to one address and not the other
    • i am using a dedicated freebsd 4.7 server

i REALLY would like to solve this, but where am i to look? searching for email does not give me anything that is remotely close to what i am to change

www.karmicpower.com
    online community of like minded people

be the change you wish to see in the world

The vbmail() function is only in vBulletin 2.3.0 . Other versions use php's mail() function directly. You can upgrade to vBulletin 2.3.0 and apply this fix - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=68081 . I don't have a tested fix for older versions right now.

Comment

i hesitate in upgrading as we have done a lot of specialized things such as completely removing all post count/fix for cookie exploit/et al, and my new style/template has an amazing amount of mods/hacks in it [not yet implemented, still finishing the work on it]

i hesitate to thing of the amount of hours already put into upgrading and rehacking everything that i have done in the past two weeks

is there not something that can be addressed in the php.ini or in sendmail's phpmail file?

there must be some other option than upgrading.. i'm not interested in spending another 400+ hours redoing what i have just done
      www.karmicpower.com

Comment

Originally posted by Morgalis
        is there not something that can be addressed in the php.ini or in sendmail's phpmail file?
        I don't know. Let's wait for another vBulletin team member to reply.

Comment

There may be a way to change this on the server level but I really don't know how.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

In versions prior to vBulletin 2.3.0, you will have to go through every vBulletin file and look for instances of the mail function and edit each of them...

Of the top of my head, it is found in members.php, newthread.php, newreply.php, functions.php but it is probably in others as well.

These changes are not supported.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              In versions prior to vBulletin 2.3.0, you will have to go through every vBulletin file and look for instances of the mail function and edit each of them...

Of the top of my head, it is found in members.php, newthread.php, newreply.php, functions.php but it is probably in others as well.

These changes are not supported.
              ugh

no offence.. but i paid the money for software so i would be supported

www.karmicpower.com

Comment

ugh

Hacked and modified versions are not supported,
                If you do this, it will not be supported.

You should upgrade to the latest version.

Comment

ugh

We will support your software within the capabilities of the version you have installed. This is an added capability and therefore we cannot provide support for it.

If you need support for these changes, the upgrade path to 2.3.0 would provide that.

Wayne Luke

Comment

again.. 400+ hours invested modifying the code from the vbulletin.org site and no easy way to replace that

i'll find all of the templates and post them here with a disclaimer
                    www.karmicpower.com

Comment

There aren't very many template changes between 2.2.8 and 2.3.0 :

from 2.2.8 to 2.2.9:
                      error_previewtoomanyimages
                      forumdisplay_multipagenav_pagenumber
                      newpost_postpreview

from 2.2.9 to 2.3.0:
                      forumdisplaybit
                      searchresultbit_threadonly
                      subscribe_threadbit
                      username_loggedout
                      faq3
                      standarderror
                      showgroups
                      showgroups_bit
                      showgroups_group
                      editpost_attachment
                      mailform
                      vbcode_smiliebit
                      vbcode_popup_smiliesbits
                      registeradult
                      registercoppa
                      register_imagebit

The file hacks are a different story. You can possibly use a file comparison program like Araxis Merge to incorporate your file hacks into the 2.3.0 files.

Comment

This has nothing to do with templates. It is the PHP files and you cannot redistribute those.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          This has nothing to do with templates. It is the PHP files and you cannot redistribute those.
                          oui...

i was going to post the filenames

i paid for my license and i sure don't feel like handing it over any file to anyone ^.^

same goes for hacks

anyways.. i decided to take the plunge and go to 2.3.0 and rehack everything all over again and chalk it all up to a learning experience

thanks much
                          www.karmicpower.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X